Friday, January 21, 2011

Trying to come up with a plan

So I am usually just trying to stay in relatively good shape...I have been interested to try a few things over the last year or so and think I just might start.

I am going to try and have a few days a week where I do the same workout...the rest will remain varied.

The workouts I will keep constant will be based on Fibonacci sequence ... read about it here

The one day I have decided to take is going to go like this:

Spiro Ramp test -- on 2.5L bag -- start at 35 rr and increase 2 rr every minute until spo2 drops or I lose the ability to coordinate the breath -- about 10 to 15 minutes

Then Deadlift 5 x 5 -- increase start weight by 10 pounds every week as long as I do all 25 reps - rest 75/90 seconds (I believe this is a Dan John creation)

Then 5:00 easy spin

Then 7 x 3:00 ON / 2:00 off -- on started today at 250w and heart rate ceiling will remain at 145 for first 4 weeks. If I complete all 7 intervals at wattage goal without breaking heart rate ceiling -- I will add 5 watts the next week.

+++

So todays session was:

spiro ramp 35 to 44 rr on 2.5L

5 x 5 Deadlift at 225 plus purple band -- will add 10 pounds next week

7x 3:00 at 250w / 2:00 at 140/150w completed but heart rate did reach 145 -- will add 5 watts next week

File below:

No comments:

Post a Comment